At by STROFILIA (hereinafter “by STROFILIA”, or “us”, or “we”) we collect and process personal data with respect to the user’s (hereinafter “user”, “you”, “your”) privacy and in accordance with the applicable national and European legal framework on data protection and the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679 (hereinafter the Regulation, GDPR) as updated from time to time.
Collection of personal data – Purpose of processing – Legal basis
We may collect and process your personal data through different channels of collection and for different purposes of processing. We always collect and process the necessary data for the specific purpose of processing and for a predetermined time provided that we have a legal basis according to the applicable legislation.
- Data Collected through our website
- Contact Form
When you choose to communicate with us through the contact form available at our website, you submit your personal data such as your name, your email, your telephone number (voluntarily) as well as any other information that you wish to provide us via the contact form in relation with your request.
We collect the abovementioned data to identify you and respond to your specific request. The legal basis of processing is our legitimate interest.
By subscribing to our newsletter, we collect your e-mail address to inform you for our news and offers, provided that you consent specifically to this processing activity.
- Account – Order
When you create an account with us in order to make an online order, we collect the necessary information such as your name, surname, email, telephone (optional), address (optional).
We process your data:
- to complete the creation of an account, if you provide us with your consent.
- To proceed with your order, the legal basis is the contract between us.
- To manage payments, fees and charges. In this case the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract. Please note that we never receive your debit/credit card information. The payment is fulfilled completely by the bank.
- To manage disputes, collect and retrieve amounts owned to us. In that case, the legal basis for processing is our legitimate interest for dept recovery.
- To inform you in case of order modifications/delays/cancellations. In this case, processing your data is necessary for servicing the contractual relationship between us, as well as our legitimate interest to provide better services to you.
- Data Collected through our premises
- Surveillance Systems
We may use video-surveillance systems in our premises and facilities to ensure the security of our premises, equipment, and natural persons. We collect image data through our video surveillance systems, based on our legitimate interest to ensure the security.
Transfer of Personal Data
We protect and safeguard your personal data. We may transfer your personal data to authorised third parties (legal entities or individuals) when the transfer is provided by the law, or, alternatively pursuant to the guarantees set by the existing legislation. In cases that data are being transferred outside the European Economic Area, we always take care to safeguard that adequate level of protection is ensured and that appropriate safeguards for the protection of personal data according to the GDPR are in place.
We will only retain your personal data for a limited period of time, necessary to fulfil the purpose of processing for which these data were collected as well as for legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We always take into account the legal requirements, the nature of the processed personal data and any potential risk from unauthorised use or disclosure of these data in order to determine the necessary period of processing.
Our website may include links to third-parties’ websites. If you click these links, you will be redirected to the third- parties’ websites. We do not control their privacy protection practices and we are not responsible for the collection and processing of your personal information when you are visiting third-parties’ websites. You are strongly advised to read carefully their privacy statements before navigating to these websites.
Minors’ Personal Data
We do not address to minors and we do not knowingly collect and process minors’ personal data. In case that we realise that we have collected and process minors’ personal data without verifiable parental consent, we will delete such data from our database directly. You are encouraged to inform us directly if you are aware of minors’ data collected through our website.
Data Subjects’ Rights
According to the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights:
- The right of Information and the right to request access and receive a copy of the personal data we maintain for you “data subject access request”. You can ask and receive a copy of the personal data we process and review the legal basis of the processing.
- The right of Rectification. You can request the correction of the personal data that we process.
- The right of Erasure (“the right to be forgotten”). You can ask to delete or remove your personal data.
- The right to request the Restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- The right of Data Portability and more specifically to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (pdf, word, etc.).
- The right to Object to the processing and the right to object to automated individual decision-making, including profiling.
- The right to Withdraw your consent at any time. Where we are relying on consent to process your personal data, such withdrawal shall not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before that.
If you wish to exercise your rights, we will reply to your request within one (1) month from its receipt. If the request is complex or in case of numerus requests, we may extend this period for two further months.
You can submit a written request to the following contact details:
Address: by STROFILIA, Avenue Hinnisdael 14, 1150 Woluwe-Saint-Pierre, Belgium
Furthermore, if you consider that we have not responded appropriately to your request or that your personal data have been affected, you may also contact the Belgian Data Protection Authority (www.dataprotectionauthority.be).
Last Revision: December 2020